Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day One: Meet my Stapler


Welcome to CMD where Swedish fish cling to office windows, the board rooms are named after board games and there’s an xbox in the break room. On my first day interning at CMD, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I not only have my own cubicle but I also have my own stapler. Milton would be green with envy.

In addition, the good folks at CMD have outfitted me with a Mac with an HP mouse. Finally- the simplicity of a Mac guided by the power of a right click. Why hasn’t anyone realized the effectiveness of such hybridization before?

My task while at CMD: to rewrite the CMD new hire handbook. My goal for the next six days is to capture the essence of CMD and find the answers to all new hires’ questions. So far I've just spilt coffee on myself.

No comments: