Monday, January 12, 2009

Don't eat the sea kittens?


I want to love PETA, but come-- on rebranding fish as “sea kittens”?

I see where PETA is coming from. Kittens are cute, fish aren’t; people love kittens, not fish. But seriously, does PETA think it can change the English language and raise a new generation who call fish “sea kittens”? PETA even went as far writing a children's bedtime story telling the horrors of fishing. Kids aren't dumb, they'll know the fish are sea kittens when they see them swimming without their "kitten" suits on.

Imagine the guy who pitched this idea.

2 comments:

Mason West said...

For Serious? You think that campaign is for kids? The fact that there is a flayed fish with exposed ribs in that "children's book" and the Sea Kitten decorations include a fu manchu...

I think the whole thing is pretty rad. Thanks for pointing me to it!

Jen said...

Oh, you've never seen a sea kitten? I think they're mostly found off the coast of Japan so I'm not too surprised. Anyway, they're tasty