Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Starbucks Art


I hate the idea of Starbucks – put one on every corner and people will buy our earth killing, over priced coffee WHILE we kill the local business. However, Starbucks is doing something right. Every aspect of their branding has been kissed by the design fairies. When I walk into Starbucks, I feel like I want to belong with al l the hipsters, band hotties, class presidents and business all stars. Not only do I want to be a part of it, but I want to take it home - so I have.

This is a mermaid taken from a bag of Starbucks coffee. I rasterbated her and then imprisoned her on my wall. Starbucks has found the art in branding. It doesn’t have to advertise in the traditional sense, because it knows “hot” things can’t be over publicized. Starbucks knows that seeing your favorite band appear on MTV breaks your heart. So with the exception of Starbucks recent holiday campaign, the coffee brand lives in the hands and mouths of the consumers.

See what else Starbucks is doing.

No comments: